Hafa Adai, Tirow, and Welcome to the Office of the Attorney General.
The Office of the Attorney General provides legal counsel and representation to the Commonwealth government and its agencies on many issues vital to the people’s interest. These issues include the protection of children from abuse and neglect, preservation of the environment, protecting the Commonwealth’s financial assets, the protection of consumers, and public safety.
The Office of the Attorney General welcomes your ideas on ways that we can serve you and the community.
The Office at a Glance
The Attorney General:
- Is the Chief Legal Officer for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Represents the Commonwealth in all legal matters
- Advises Executive Departments, Autonomous Agencies, and Public Corporations
- Takes Legal Action on behalf of its citizens
- Prosecutes violations of law
- Combat graft and corruption, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, drugs and violent crimes
- Build and improve relationships / partnerships, enforcement of laws and to promote proper training
- Ensure criminal cases are thoroughly investigated and reviewed before charges are filed
- Ensure the safety and security of the people of the Commonwealth
- Work in partnership with the Executive Branch, Legislature, Courts, Law Enforcement Agencies such as Customs, Police, Fish & Wildlife, Probation, Parole, and Federal counterparts
- Increase enforcement of consumer protection laws
CNMI Office of the Attorney General files key amicus brief in CERCLA case before the U.S. Supreme Court High Court Will Address Questions of Superfund Liability On behalf of a bipartisan coalition consisting of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and 24 States plus the District of Columbia, the […]
AG Manibusan and AG Camacho announce ‘One Marianas’ consumer protection outreach To kick off National Consumer Protection Week (Feb. 28 – March 5, 2021) Attorneys General Edward Manibusan and Leevin T. Camacho announced collaboration between their offices to spread awareness on topics and laws that affect consumers throughout the Marianas. […]
Keith Chambers II joins the Office of the Attorney General The Office of the Attorney General welcomes Mr. Keith Chambers II to the organization as an assistant attorney general in its civil division. In 2019, Chambers moved to the CNMI to serve as a law clerk to Judge Joseph N. […]