Hafa Adai, Tirow, and Welcome to the Office of the Attorney General.
The Office of the Attorney General provides legal counsel and representation to Commonwealth government and its agencies in many issues vital to the people’s interest. These issues include the protection of children from abuse and neglect, preservation of the environment, protecting the Commonwealth’s financial assets, the protection of consumers, and public safety.
The Office of the Attorney General welcomes your ideas on ways that we can serve you and the community.
The Office at a Glance
The Attorney General:
- Is the Chief Legal Officer for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Represents the Commonwealth in all legal matters
- Advises Executive Departments, Autonomous Agencies, and Public Corporations
- Takes Legal Action on behalf of its citizens
- Prosecutes violations of law
- Combat graft and corruption, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, drugs and violent crimes
- Build and improve relationships / partnerships, enforcement of laws and to promote proper training
- Ensure criminal cases are thoroughly investigated and reviewed before charges are filed
- Ensure the safety and security of the people of the Commonwealth
- Work in partnership with the Executive Branch, Legislature, Courts, Law Enforcement Agencies such as Customs, Police, Fish & Wildlife, Probation, Parole, and Federal counterparts
- Increase enforcement of consumer protection laws
Revitalizing Drug Task Force On Rota Resident Director of the Rota Department of Public Safety, Eusebio M. Manglona was recently recognized for his service as a DEA Drug Task Force Officer in a brief ceremony with Rota Mayor Efrain Atalig, Attorney General Edward Manibusan, Director of Customs Service Jose Mafnas, […]
For more information on Public Law 20-60, view the P.L. 20-60: New Hire page.
A collaborative effort between CNMI local law enforcement agencies comprising of the Office of the Attorney General, the Department of Public Safety, Division of Customs Service and the Commonwealth Ports Police resulted in a submission on July 3, 2018, a Petition for the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) designation […]