Hafa Adai, Tirow, and Welcome to the Office of the Attorney General.
The Office of the Attorney General provides legal counsel and representation to the Commonwealth government and its agencies on many issues vital to the people’s interest. These issues include the protection of children from abuse and neglect, preservation of the environment, protecting the Commonwealth’s financial assets, the protection of consumers, and public safety.
The Office of the Attorney General welcomes your ideas on ways that we can serve you and the community.
The Office at a Glance
The Attorney General:
- Is the Chief Legal Officer for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Represents the Commonwealth in all legal matters
- Advises Executive Departments, Autonomous Agencies, and Public Corporations
- Takes Legal Action on behalf of its citizens
- Prosecutes violations of law
- Combat graft and corruption, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, drugs and violent crimes
- Build and improve relationships / partnerships, enforcement of laws and to promote proper training
- Ensure criminal cases are thoroughly investigated and reviewed before charges are filed
- Ensure the safety and security of the people of the Commonwealth
- Work in partnership with the Executive Branch, Legislature, Courts, Law Enforcement Agencies such as Customs, Police, Fish & Wildlife, Probation, Parole, and Federal counterparts
- Increase enforcement of consumer protection laws
Attorney General Manibusan joins multistate settlement against marketing firm Publicis over role in opioid epidemic
Attorney General Manibusan joins multistate settlement against marketing firmPublicis over role in opioid epidemicOffice of the Attorney General, Saipan – Attorney General Edward Manibusan announces that his officejoined a multi-million national settlement with Publicis Health to resolve investigations into the globalmarketing and communications firm’s role in the prescription opioid crisis. […]
UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT DENIES CERTIORARI IN IPI CASEOffice of the Attorney General, Saipan – On January 8, 2024, the United States Supreme Court deniedcertiorari to Imperial Pacific International (CNMI), LLC (“IPI”). IPI sought the U.S. Supreme Court’s reviewof the Ninth Circuit order ruling that the Commonwealth Casino Commission was […]